A few months ago I took the bull by the horns and build a clothes rack out of pipes. I had been wanting to try my hand at it ever since I saw a picture of a green pipe coat rack, which in my resent searching for a tutorial turned out to be from this post back in 2009 on Design*Sponge. However before finding this post I found a great tutorial on hrrrthrrr. I got my supplies from various home improvement stores near me, the wheels are from IKEA - the RILL braked castors.
I followed the instruction most of the way, however I opted for two changes:
1. I drilled holes through my wood in the locations I wanted the flanges to be attached, so that I could use screws, washers and hexagon nuts to secure them in place. I did this as I have the theory that it would make the whole thing more sturdy.
I love the result and have been using it a ton. Check back soon for more pictures from my trip to Peru :)